Thursday, September 23, 2010

The invention of the pie cake: 100% more delicious than it sounds

My brother-in-[common]law is an apple fanatic. I don't know about the fruit in particular, but as the filling in a baked good, he is more than enthusiastic. He once hugged a waitress who made a particularly good apple crumble (keep in mind, we were out to breakfast). So, apple-something was a must for his birthday. After a lot of debate, I decided to keep it simple. This was a vanilla cake with apple pie filling. On the streets it is just known as "mind blowing". I never intended to share pictures of my cakes, they were mostly taken as a record for myself. Keep that in mind when you notice that my pictures are not exactly perfect. (Also illustrated by the newspapers featured in a previous post)

1 comment:

  1. I love this cake! Can't wait to see what you come up with for the wedding!!!

    ReplyDelete